Samscreen proudly offers replacement harp wire screens for all makes and models of portable screening plants, and can custom manufacture screens for screening applications and machines. We have long been recognized as the leading manufacturer of harp wire screens for the portable screening market, and our highly qualified engineering staff can help you make sure you get the right screen with the perfect fit.
We offer a variety of harp wire types to choose from, and all of our wire is of the highest grade available and manufactured to strict quality tolerances. Our wire types include:
- Heavy Duty Harp Wire – Samscreen’s premier harp wire product. Superior quality and lasting performance.
- Premium Grade Music Wire -Samscreen’s standard wire. This is a high-quality, premium grade music wire.
- 304 Stainless Steel Wire – High-grade 304 Stainless Steel wire. Recommended for sticky, wet, corrosive, and hard to screen material.
- Maxwear Wire – A very high tensile wire. Recommended for high abrasion and high wear applications.
Samscreen offers our replacement harp wire screens in a wide range of profile styles including round capping, duro and square, and hook styles to include 45 degree hook, square hook and round hook. We can manufacture any size opening with any available wire size you require.
Our replacement harp wire screens are manufactured with your needs in mind.
Downtime is costly, which is why we work hard to make sure you receive your replacement harp wire screens quickly. We never compromise on quality, because it’s important to us that our customers are able to get back to work in the shortest time possible. We carry a wide assortment of pre-manufactured harp wire screens for the most popular machines, but we’re also able to manufacture our quality replacement harp wire screens to your specifications as well. Simply call us at and we will be happy to assist you with your replacement harp wire screen needs.
Samscreen is pleased to offer a wide variety of replacement screens and screening products to fit the following screening machines.
For your convenience, Samscreen is pleased to offer these screening products in addition to our harp wire screen:
- Piano Wire Screen
- Shape Wire Screens
- KleenSkreen Finger Deck
- End Tension Screen Decks
- Woven Wire Screens
- Perforated Plate Screen & Punch Plate Screen
- Grizzly Finger Decks
- Trommel Drum Screens
Harp Screen Profile Styles
Samscreen offers a wide range of harp screen profile styles as well, such as round capping, duro, square and many more.
For Round Metal Bucker Bars or Round-top Rubber
For Round Metal Bucker Bars or Round Top Rubber
For Square Bucker Bars / Flat Channel
Samscreen, Inc. has a range of piano wire hook style to choose. Some of the style includes 45 degree hook, square hook and round hook.
Standard Openings & Wire Sizes for Harp Screens
We can manufacture any size opening with any available wire size you require. Please remember, however, that heavy-duty wire on smaller openings can be hard to install.
Harp Screen Installation
Samscreen suggests some instructions regarding the installation and removal of the piano wire. The following are the some of the most important steps to kept in mind:
- Remove the Samscreen from the box. Be careful with heavy wire screens as they are packed under tension and may spring out when unrolling them.
- Place the first hook at the anchor end of the screen box. Make sure that it seats itself correctly.
- Pull the screen towards the tension end of the screen box. Spread the moving profile strips to match up with the cross members of the screen box.
- Place the free hook in the tension envelope and insert the spring/tension bar. Make sure that the tension bar is all the way to the back of the hook and seated properly.
- Take up the slack in the screen by tightening the tension nuts. When the wires in the screen have initially straightened make sure the anchor end hook is still seated, that the profile strips are located right above the cross members and that the tension bar is seated correctly in the back of the tension hook.
- Start to tension the screen. Use two turn increments and rotate the order of tightening. Continue to tighten in this manner until the screen is taut. It is normal for center wires to tighten first and then the outside wires. If you experience the opposite loosen the screen and check that the spring bar has been inserted the correct way.
- Proper tension is achieved when all the wires on the screen are tight. It should be possible to run your fingers over the screen and pluck individual wires and hear them sing.
- Make sure that the profile strip has seated itself correctly over the cross members and that it is straight across the deck.
Run the machine for one or two hours, the stop it and check tension on the screen again. Tighten again if necessary.
Harp Screen Removal
- Turn screening plant off and wait for the screen box to stop vibrating and all moving parts to stop moving.
- Go to the tension end of the screen box and loosen the tension nuts on the side of the screen box. If there are four nuts loosen them in half turn increments and in rotation until the tension is off the screen you are removing. If there are two nuts, loosen them in half turn increments also. Once the tension is released, it is OK to remove the nuts completely. If the tension “UBOLT” can fall away from the machine leave the nuts turned one or two threads.
- Remove the piano wire screen from the tension envelope. This may be achieved by hitting the spring or tension bar with a rubber mallet. If you have removed the tension nuts completely, stay clear of the hook and spring bar as they exit from the tension envelope.
- Remove the spring bar from the hook. If the clearance is available simply leave the spring bar in position and push the screen towards the anchor end. If the clearance is not available, slide the spring bar through the tension take up slot in the screen box sides.
- Pull the hook from the anchor end and discard the screen in a suitable container.
Check the tension and anchor ends of the screen box for material build up that may interfere with the installation of the new screen. Also check the cross members for any wear, looseness or bends. If any of these conditions exist, they must be repaired prior to installation of the new screen because un-repaired they will have a negative effect on the service life of the screen
Don’t look anywhere else for your harp screen needs – call us at and we’ll be happy to assist you in finding the perfect screening material for your application.
|Opening||Standard Wire||Std-Heavy Wire||Heavy Duty Wire|
|1mm (3/64″)||.50mm (.020″)||.65mm (.026″)||–|
|1.5mm (1/16″)||.65mm (.026″)||.80mm (.031″)||–|
|2mm (3/32″)||.65mm (.026″)||.80mm (.031″)||–|
|3mm (1/8″)||.80mm (.031″)||1.0mm (.039″)||–|
|4mm (5/32″)||1.0mm (.039″)||1.2mm (.047″)||–|
|5mm (3/16″)||1.0mm (.039″)||1.2mm (.047″)||–|
|6mm (1/4″)||1.2mm (.047″)||1.4mm (.055″)||2.0mm (.079″)|
|8mm (5/16″)||1.4mm (.055″)||1.6mm (.063″)||2.0mm (.079″)|
|10mm (3/8″)||1.4mm (.055″)||1.6mm (.063″)||2.0mm (.079″)|
|12mm (.5”)||1.6mm (.063″)||1.8mm (.070″)||2.0mm (.079″)|
|16mm (5/8″)||2.0mm (.079″)||2.5mm (.098″)*||3.0mm (.118″)*|
|19mm (3/4″)||2.0mm (.079″)||2.5mm (.098″)*||3.0mm (.118″)*|
* diameter not available in Maxwear™
- Same-day shipping from our huge inventory
- Custom screens available within 24 hours including heavy duty and stainless steel
- ISO 9001:2008 certified company
- All screens individually factory tested for fit and accuracy
- Many options of profile styles to protect wires against breakage on cross members
- Most cost effective screens available on the market today
- Maximum throughput
- Ease of installation
- Made in the USA
The Samscreen Difference
- Industry leading turnaround time
- Infused with MaxWear technologies (maximum wear life)
- Samscreen Wear Cost Guarantee (best, most cost-effective product on the market based on cost per ton produced)
- Fully integrated manufacturing
- CNC Rolling, CNC Machining
- In-house Engineering
- Customization and per-approval drawings for each order
- Use of domestic raw materials with certifications and traceability
- Made in the USA
- ISO Compliant
- Wide industry knowledge and experience